Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

panda22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Hi

I've recently bought a macbook and I love it, but am trying to connect to my outlook server and having a few problems.

Firstly I can't access OWA through Safari at all, every time I type it in it says 'Safari can't find the server' - it is sbs2003, and this works fine in IE

Ideally I wanted to set up access through Mail or Entourage (2008) however I've read that it is not possible to connect to exchange through this. Frustrating as I have just bought this and have a free upgrade to 2011 but only home and student so apparently this won't have outlook on here either.

Can someone please help me I have been trying to connect for days and I just can't figure out the best way to get to my emails? if you could point me in the direction of a good walkthrough that would be great.

thanks!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Assuming you're using DHCP addressing assigned by the SBS2003 Server itself I think you probably have hardcoded DNS servers set in your Networking Preferences. Remove them, then disconnect the ethernet connection and re-connect (either by pulling out the cable or turning Airport off, then reversing). Your Mac should then pick up the automatic DNS settings and be able to resolve the server's machine name to its IP address.

Entourage can connect to Exchange 2003, but I think Mail needs Exchange 2008 (might be wrong on that last bit though). You just need either OWA or the IMAP protocol enabled on the server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.