Cant connect to WPA-AES with airport!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bototucuxi, Jun 23, 2008.

1. bototucuxi macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a Powerbook G4 MAC OSX 10.3.6.

I have always used its airport to connect to wireless networks in various points. These wireless networks were open to everybody.

However I started working in a place where they use the standard encryption AES. I have upgraded my airport software to 4.2 but I am not sucessfull to establish a connection to the WPA-AES wireless network of my university. No one knows what to do and I dont know also what to do to connect to that network with this mac.

Hope an help from you people.

Boto

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Firstly upgrade to 10.3.9 and all of the security and other updates.

3. bototucuxi thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done that already. running now on 10.3.9

4. bototucuxi thread starter macrumors newbie

5. marine610610 macrumors regular

I had the same problem at a college a week ago. I fixed it by going into network preferences and "trusting" everything that had something to do with their certificates. That should get you up.. One thing i did notice.. I would have a self assigned ip address sometimes, and have to turn the airport on and off a few times until it pulled an ip.

Are you getting any kind of an error? Several people at the forum i was attending had this same problem and fixed it the same way.

6. bototucuxi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

"I fixed it by going into network preferences and "trusting" everything that had something to do with their certificates."

Where did you go to Netwrok preferences... where is this on the mac... what is needed to "trusting everything"????

I went to preferences and there was othing to trust...

iam confused... what exactly have you done... Iam a newby in macs...

thanks.

boto

7. bototucuxi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi mArine,

I ask you exactly what is needed to do in oerder to connect with airport to WPA-AES network..

I have been messing arround the network preferences and found nothing about certificates.. please explain to me the way where i can find what you have called "trusting" ...

thanks.

boto

8. bototucuxi thread starter macrumors newbie

No one help me out on this??

Peopke tell wonders about the mac and I bought one .. now its a BIG PROBLEM that i cant connect to my university network with it... #¨¨#%$@$@%

Is ther anyone that can explain me how can I setup my mac to connect to WPA2 personal??

People in my university are just used to pc based computers and hyave no knoledge about macs.

I NEED URGENTLY SOME HELP ON THIS!!!

The netwrok preferences i have here bin my mac is useless because it does not give options or advanced options where we can choose the certficates like AES...

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks
    Boto

9. grinthock macrumors member

I feel your pain here.

I have a Cisco AP probably the same as what your school is using, if I configure it with WPA2-Personal, (AES or TKIP doesn't matter) my PC's connect fine, my iMac and iPod Touch do not. For no reason, there were a few discussions over on Cisco.com about it.

I have reverted my network to WPA as opposed to WPA2 for now to get around it, but i'm still looking for a solution.