can't connect to Yahoo game servers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scottsan, Apr 2, 2008.

1. scottsan macrumors newbie

After upgrading my macbook (2 gHz Core duo) from Tiger to leopard 10.5.2 and upgrading to safari 3.1, when I try to log onto yahoo games I get the following message:

Unable to connect to server.
    One of four things could have caused this;
    1. You are behind a firewall.
    2. You are not connected to the internet.
    3. The game server is down.
    4. You have a stale page in your cache.

I emptied the cache and am definitely connected to the internet. There is no firewall set on my computer. Several different yahoo games gave me the same reply. This was not a problem prior to the upgrades.

Anyone know what the problem is. There has been no other problem with the internet. I am surfing and downloading from all over the place.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

2. raptorred macrumors newbie

problems with yahoo games too

I just started my long search to figure this same problem out. I see no one responded to you... have you figured this problem out? I've tried everything I could think of... java update... Let me know if you've fixed this on your own.... thanks.

3. fpbecker macrumors member

For me all it took was to disable the pop-up blocker before going to Yahoo! Games. It worked fine then.

Word of warning: The fonts in the Java applets like 'Literati' look ugly. Everything else works though.

Tried with Safari 4 Developer Preview 2, Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 2 Developer Preview.