Can't connect USB printer through Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dcains, Dec 31, 2010.

1. dcains macrumors regular

Hi Group:

Searched and couldn't find a solution, so here's my problem. I've got a network setup trough a 1TB Time Capsule, ~18 months old. 2 MB's and one MBP on the network, and also a Samsung CLP-315W color laser printer (wireless connection, not USB). Everything has always worked well. I just bought a Canon CP800 compact photo printer for my wife and would like to connect it through the TC's USB port, for wireless iPhoto printing from her MB.

The printer shows it's connected to the TC, according to its built-in LCD screen, and the printer shows up in any of the laptop printer setup utility screens. The latest Canon driver has been installed, and the printer works properly as long as it's hardwired to any of the laptop USB ports, but not through the TC connection. Here's the error screen which appears when trying to complete the "add printer" process through the TC's USB port:

[​IMG]

Any ideas on how to get past this? Thanks in advance.

Dean

2. animatedude macrumors 65816

i'm having the same problem on Airport Extreme...don't you just hate how printers get more complicated day after day? argh...Apple need to release the iPrinter ASAP.

3. oakie, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011

oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

i just fried my brain typing what i typed and lost it. my bad.

4. animatedude macrumors 65816

nooo come on fry your brain again please! lol