Can't control iPhone music on car stereo with 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lukeholl, Jun 18, 2009.

1. lukeholl macrumors member

lukeholl

I have a Made for iPod car stereo, and before updating to 3.0 I was able to listen to music from my iPhone through my car stereo, and control the music that was playing with the stereo.

However, with 3.0 I can still listen to music if it's playing before connecting, but if I try to scroll through my library, it just crawls along the list, then the music starts jumping with 'searching...' flashing on the stereo. The only way to get the music playing again is to reconnect, however it still can't be controlled.

I have tried this with another iPhone and it has the exact same problem.

Does anyone else have this problem, or know a way around it?
    Many thanks

2. ASN21 macrumors member

wrong forum

3. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

what he said ^^^. its the wrong forum because if its wrong on all iphones, its probly a problem with the car, not the phone

4. jt999 macrumors regular

I assumed he meant another iPhone running 3.0.

5. eg2007 macrumors 6502

I have the same problem with 3.0. It's definitely a SOFTWARE issue, because it wasn't an issue until I upgraded 2.2 last night. Not really sure what the workaround is, nor do I know what forum to look for an answer... been searching for it and found this small posting.

6. Nanookfan macrumors member

It could actually be the stereo it's self and that if possible the firmware on it needs to be updated. I know my system would not handle controlling the 3G until the firmware was updated. Perhaps 3.0 has changed just enough.

7. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Either way, until 3.0 i was able to hold my home button, and it would quit the ipod and then let me control the iphone ipod manually. I tested it out with a friends phone who was still on 2.2 and his phone has no issue. If I find a fix, outside of a firmware update on my car stereo, I'll post it here.

8. jt999 macrumors regular

I am on vacation and have not updated yet.
    I have a new 2009 Scion with an iPod port.
    Does anyone know if the Scion is affected by the 3.0 update?

Thanks,
    Jeff

9. lukeholl thread starter macrumors member

lukeholl

I restored my phone last night in case that was the problem, at first I only put some of my music and it worked perfectly fine with the stereo, however once I'd filled up up all of my music it was back to the same.
    I'm guessing Apple have changed the how the iPod library is stored or something, slightly annoying. Hopefully though it's just a bug or something that can be fixed :(

As macfanboy suggested though, the problem is not with the car. I posted in this forum because the stereo is not the problem. It worked perfectly fine before the update, and it currently still works with an iPod nano, an iPod touch and an iPhone which are both running 2.2.1. The problem only started with 3.0, therefore I believe the problem to be 3.0 related.

With regards to ASN21 though, thanks, helpful response.

10. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

3.0 update is making my bluetooth screwy in the car, too.

11. Blackforge macrumors 6502

3.0 fixed my iPhone's ability to play video through my Alpine w505.. So it's not all bad :D

12. letsmod macrumors newbie

letsmod

with 3.0 my AV plug no longer works I get sound but no video :mad:

13. lukeholl thread starter macrumors member

lukeholl

Just a quick one...

Never had any luck with either iPhone 3G with 3.0 here, however it does work with my new 3GS.
    It still scrolls through albums, artists etc slower than before, but at least it does work... strange :cool: