Can't copy an internet recorded mp3 to iTunes with iCloud Music Library turned on

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Pipper99, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I turned on iCloud Music Library so that I could download songs to Apple Music on my iPhone for offline listening to keep from burning through my data. I also use Audio Hijack on my Mac to record a daily radio program that I enjoy as an mp3 file, and I copy it to my iPhone through iTunes for later listening. I found that with iCloud Music Library enabled that iTunes prevents me from copying the recorded mp3 to my iPhone. If I turn off iCloud Music Library, I can then copy the mp3 to the iPhone, but all of my previously downloaded Apple Music songs are deleted, and I have to download them again, and of course, I'm then prevented from copying subsequently recorded radio programs to the iPhone.

I'd like to keep iCloud Music Library enabled and still be able to copy my recorded radio program to my iPhone. Is there a way to do this, or am I just going to have to choose which is more important to me?

2. manu chao macrumors 603

iCML should upload this mp3 to Apple's servers and it should show up under 'My Music' on your phone (where you still might have to 'make it available offline'. That's the theory, unfortunately Apple Music doesn't always stick to that.

3. Paco II macrumors 65816

Have you confirmed your MP3's conform to Apple requirements?

"Only songs under 200 MB or less than 2 hours are uploaded.

Songs that are encoded in AAC or MP3 formats must meet certain quality criteria to be matched or uploaded."

4. Pipper99 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pipper99

That's it: the recordings are over 2 hours. Thank you!