Can't copy and paste.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by pilkenton, May 6, 2011.

1. pilkenton macrumors member

pilkenton

I never had this problem before. I'm in a few forums. A lot of times I took a picture from google images, copied them, then pasted it to the forum using .

Now when I click copy. My Mac makes that "clunking" sound and won't paste. What's up with that?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The IMG tags are only for images that already appear on the web. What you place between the image tags is the URL to the image location. (Be sure to use TIMG instead of IMG for large images). For images that exist on your computer, simply click the paperclip icon when composing a post and attach the image.
    ScreenCap 26.png

4. pilkenton thread starter macrumors member

pilkenton

It's the images from the computer that I'm having problems with. It used to work, and I got no "clunk" when it did work. BTW, on the forums, all the img options are enabled. Other people still do it.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When attaching pics from your computer, make sure the file size isn't larger than the maximum allowed by the forum. When you click the paperclip icon, a new window/tab opens to browse for the file. At the bottom of that window are the max file sizes allowed for each image type.

6. pilkenton thread starter macrumors member

pilkenton

Just tried a small file. No go. It won't let me get that far. I go to the picture, copy..."clunk". I go to the forum, type in and click paste. Nothing. Why the "clunk" when it wasn't there before?

BTW...I have no trouble with youtube videos or "attachments".

7. simsaladimbamba

Could you use ScreenFlow (demo) or QT X to screen capture the process and upload it to some file sharing service like Dropbox, 2Shared or MediaFire?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios