Can't create keyboard shortcut

Kalles Kaviar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
System preferences -> Keyboard -> keyboard Shortcuts -> Add -> ...

I can add Menu Title fine but when trying to enter the actual shortcut keys, nothing happens. I have tried on 2 different MacBook Pro with both Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion. What's wrong???:confused:

Fishrrman

macrumors P6
Feb 20, 2009
Could you tell us, specifically, which application and which menu you are trying to add?

Kalles Kaviar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Any and all applications/services. I have tried most. I just cannot add anything into the the actual shortcuts key box. To give one example I've tried:

..Services -> General -> Add -> All application -> Menu Title "New Finder Window" -> Keyboard shortcut: *CANNOT ADD ANYTHING* (I wanted to add "Command - Return")

the cursor is blinking in the middle of the box but nothing is added as I klick away on the keyboard.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
See the attached image.

If you want to add the shortcut <command><return> to the Finder's New Finder Window menu item, then you need to use Application Shortcuts, not Services.

Attachments

Kalles Kaviar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Yes, you are right.

However, the main problem still exists; I cannot enter anything into the keyboard shortcut box

GMDef

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2014
Did you find solution to keyboard shortcuts

Hi, I'm having the same problem you asked about last summer and can't find a solution. Did you ever find one?