Can't create keyboard shortcut

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kalles Kaviar, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Kalles Kaviar macrumors newbie

System preferences -> Keyboard -> keyboard Shortcuts -> Add -> ...

I can add Menu Title fine but when trying to enter the actual shortcut keys, nothing happens. I have tried on 2 different MacBook Pro with both Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion. What's wrong???:confused:

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Could you tell us, specifically, which application and which menu you are trying to add?

3. Kalles Kaviar thread starter macrumors newbie

Any and all applications/services. I have tried most. I just cannot add anything into the the actual shortcuts key box. To give one example I've tried:

..Services -> General -> Add -> All application -> Menu Title "New Finder Window" -> Keyboard shortcut: *CANNOT ADD ANYTHING* (I wanted to add "Command - Return")

the cursor is blinking in the middle of the box but nothing is added as I klick away on the keyboard.

4. benwiggy macrumors 68020

See the attached image.

If you want to add the shortcut <command><return> to the Finder's New Finder Window menu item, then you need to use Application Shortcuts, not Services.

Attached Files:

5. Kalles Kaviar thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, you are right.

However, the main problem still exists; I cannot enter anything into the keyboard shortcut box

6. GMDef macrumors newbie

Did you find solution to keyboard shortcuts

Hi, I'm having the same problem you asked about last summer and can't find a solution. Did you ever find one?