Can't create new emails, but I can reply.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slazareth, Jul 2, 2007.

1. slazareth macrumors regular

So I can't create an email and then send it to someone. I could yesterday from what I remember, but I can't now. If I try to send it I get the following message.

"Cannot Send Mail" in bold then below that it says
    "Sending the message content to the server failed."

Strangely though, I can reply to any email that I get and those emails go out fine. Any idea what's going on?

2. Furgster macrumors 6502

Furgster

maybe you should try to reset your mail by deleting the account and then re-syncing it with itunes see if that helps

3. slazareth thread starter macrumors regular

So I went back and forth with my host for a while. I finally found a solution that works for me on both wifi and edge. Under mail settings for the accounts with my hosting company I have to leave the "Name" field blank. Just thought I'd share this in case anyone else runs into this sort of problem.

Also, one solution I found that makes outgoing email work on edge is to put the out going server as "cwmx.com" no smtp or mail and no user/pass. The only downside to this method is that once you're off edge and on wifi, you can no longer send outgoing mail.