Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kutrack1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Ok so i just wasted 2 dollars on 2 songs that i wanted to make into ringtones for my new iPhone, after i download them, and right click and then click create ringtone, it tells me they can no longer be made into a ringtone.

so im kinda upset i just wasted the money because i already had those songs in my library.

does anybody have any idea why this cant be made into a ringtone, i dont see anywhere on itunes where it says a list of which ones can and canont be made into a ringtones, apples website just say over 2 million songs, are we supposed to randomly download and waste money until we hit one of those songs....

gah frusterated.

kutrack1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
ok so i see that not all songs can be turned into ringtones, which sucks, but i dont see where the icon is on any songs so i know which ones to download.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
you need to right click in an open area in your itunes music area / itunes store and check ringtones.

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
I actually had the same issue-- songs were purchased with the ringtone symbol and when I tried to make them into one, it said "they are not authorized" as ringtones anymore-- very annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.