Cant Cut on leoperd???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tucson Boy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Tucson Boy macrumors newbie

I'm trying to cut a file from my desktop to another folder bit I cant i'm using command butten and x but nothing happens and when i click on the file and try to using edit I cant select cut ????

Thanks

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

There is no cut option like the one in windows in OS X. - Which if you ask me is a big shortfall.

It is more geared towards dragging and dropping.

3. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Oh no...not another cut thread :eek:

You can do a search for many threads where people debate the cut functionality in OS X. It's not just Leopard...it's OS X in general.

Add me to the list with xUKHCx....it is a huge shortfall.

-Kevin

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

You can do copy > paste using CMD-C & CMD-V, but for some completely bizarre reason not cut > paste. Do not ask me why..... lol

Yep, despite being a long-term Mac user - 21 years :eek: - (and so I should be used to it by now!), I'm with xUKHCx all the way on this :p

5. Tucson Boy thread starter macrumors newbie

ًwow no cut thats weird so i have to keep dragging my files :confused:

6. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

If you are moving files from one drive to another and would rather move it like a cut paste, as you drag to the new volume, hold down the CMD key and the little green plus will disappear allowing the file to move completely from one drive to another.

7. TheStu macrumors 65816

What gets me is not the lack of a cut, I have since sort of resigned myself to that (I also get really nervous/paranoid when transferring files, so to actually have to go back and delete them helps with that), but the fact that it is up there in the edit menu.... mocking you.

Ok, so, you can cut text and the like, but not files. So it is still mocking you

8. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

So it is, I'd never noticed that before.

Surely if it's there, there must be some sort of hack or something to enable it?