can't deal with dotmac/Apple support problems any more

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sopa, Jun 12, 2008.

1. sopa macrumors newbie

:( I just have reached the point where I cannot deal with dotmac and general Apple support anymore. I bought a service contract and I just keep getting run around in circles... mostly about Sinc issues with IDisk although there have been other problems (some of hich they have actually solved...). Some tell me it is a dotmac issue and therefore the phone people won't speak to me about it... but now the technician I have been "escalated" to says it is not a dotmac problem but rather a problem with my system relating to dotmac. The problem now is he has no idea what it is after hours of having me "jump through hoops". He is supposed to call back but hasn't yet. I haven't had all that much luck getting calls back from these techs... I've ended up calling the central office and then I get an agent who is supposed to make sure things get done. He is nice to me (the agent...)... Then I get a "senior tech" and instead of sending me endless links to endless processes where I have to restart over and over after performing many steps, deleting endless folders etc., but I still can't sinc properly auto or manually; they actually tell me on the phone to do those things and then say, "boy I'll have to make a report to the blah, blah, blah" team and get back to you far after the information will be of any use for what you are currently needing to do. They say they are going to do further research and call me back and then they don't call back or they call back even later than the already much too late date they gave me. I switched from being a Windows user to a mac user about a year and a half ago thinking I would leave this kind of weirdness behind and am so disappointed. I guess I am supposed to have an actual question to ask but I am so worn out with the whole thing I can't even think of one. I guess I am curious if others are having similar problems (like trouble getting support one paid for...) and what they have been able to do!?

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

One thing you have to realize about .mac is that it has been in need of a fix for a very long time, often overlooked by Apple. The good news is in just a few weeks most of the problems will most likely disappear as .mac is finally getting its long awaited update in the form of the MobileMe switch, hang in there for a few more weeks.

3. sopa thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for trying to help

I wish I felt reassured... I really do, but I don't... Sorry, but thanks I do appreciate that.

4. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

sopa .mac had/has a lot of potential, apple simply didn't choose to work on it then. Now that they can work on it, they are and I'm sure it will be set right with mobile me. They HAVE to get it right, because they're hyping it as your ultimate hub where all your data will get pushed to all your devices, so you're always up to date everywhere.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I tried to read the wall of text but got lost after the 3rd word.

I did gather this question:

I have never had any trouble with the support from Apple. Even during the iMac graphics issues I got excellent support for what they could provide and even called me directly and asked to participate in being a tester for beta graphics drivers for the alum iMac. (NDA signature bla bla)

Even before I even GOT my iMac their support was on par and gave me an iPod for my troubles when ordering and my iMac came on time.

I've had very little issues sync'ing and those that I did have were 99.999% network related and solved themselves in a couple of hours or the next day.