Can't debug any app on xcode

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by noahgolm, Oct 4, 2010.

1. noahgolm macrumors member

Hi, I have a major problem with Xcode. Whenever I try to install and debug any app on xcode, the app crashes with the console saying "Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Argument must be non-nil'". After it crashes, however, the app will work just fine. That is until I actually have a problem with the game. It is probably memory management, but I do need the console, here.

2. ianray macrumors 6502

Does "Any App" include Apple's examples? Is there a backtrace shown?

3. noahgolm thread starter macrumors member

Examples don't work, and I'm not sure how to find a backtrace. I'm still googling tutorials for learning cocoa (it shows how much I know about programming).

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Maybe some more details on your dev environment might help: Xcode version, OS X version, basic hardware, etc.

If you create a new project, based on a template, and Build and Run, it still crashes? If so, bring up the Debugger (Run > Debugger). Any clues from that?

5. noahgolm thread starter macrumors member

Weird... Suddenly the simulator works! Maybe it's because I wasn't having the debugger screen up when I built and ran it. Anyway, I also found the bug. Thanks. I'll update the thread if there are any more problems! Thanks for your responses!