can't decide 16 gb or 64 gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TurkXtreme, Oct 31, 2014.

1. TurkXtreme macrumors member

TurkXtreme

i am looking for 64 gb but there is no stock in stores in my country. there are just 16 gb iphones.
    i dont upload videos and musics to my phone. i just take some pohotos sometimes. do you think 16 gb space is enough for me?
    thanks for answers.

2. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I guess depending how many photos you take. I feel like 16gb goes fast these days. photo sizer are up, apps are more elaborate and take more space, etc.... Getting an additional 48gb for a minimal price increase is a great deal. Personally I would get the 64gb even if you don't think you need it right now. You may need it later if you keep your phone for a long time. And if you are the type that upgrades often, it will be a better resale value.

3. TurkXtreme thread starter macrumors member

TurkXtreme

you are right i think. 64 gb is better. if i can find. :)

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I would also go with the 64GB.

5. ATEspo macrumors regular

ATEspo

Do not go with a 16gb, not even sure why Apple would offer a 16gb anymore, 32gb should be bare minimum.

6. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

7. TurkXtreme thread starter macrumors member

TurkXtreme

go with 16 gb is risky i think. i may not get new ios updates also.

8. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

Usually, if you are wise enough to consider the fact that you may need more space, you ought to just go ahead and get whatever capacity you can afford.

The only exception I've ever seen is my father-in-law and his iPad. He got a maxed out iPad 1 and didn't pass 2GB used.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You can update your phone with a computer so it doesn't matter if you don't have enough space to download the new OS. Why not order your phone and wait for it, beats wasting time looking for one in stock.

10. mgs315 macrumors member

Having more than enough headroom is always better than having to delete stuff. In the scheme of things waiting a bit longer isn't that bad.

Having said that I went for a 128 as I couldn't find any 64s. Impatience and loads of room now!

11. TurkXtreme thread starter macrumors member

TurkXtreme

thanks for the information and your suggest. i am thinking to order it.

12. GrecoISU macrumors member

This is the first time I'm going with something bigger than 16GB (64GB). I just don't think it's worth the hassle of having to always delete pictures and apps when I want to take video or just take a picture.

13. RafixPhoenix macrumors regular

I have a 16gb and I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't download a lot of apps and just use Dropbox to back up my photos. I guess my only complaint is that I have the Plus and would love to put a bunch of movies on it but I couldn't afford the extra $100 at that time but other than that it's not a big deal.

14. mhdena macrumors 6502

16gb is for people who can't afford more.

I'd rather have a 32gb 5/5s than a 16gb 6.

Either save more money, or look a little harder for a 64gb.

15. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

64GB all the way. I have 16GB in my iPad mini and it certainly isn't enough.

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Mom just ran out of space on here 16GB 5s, she's had about a year. She has 14 apps, the largest of which is facebook. Pictures are what take up a ton of space. She has roughly 4,000 of them, plus a couple dozen 30-60 second video clips. The funny thing is she can;t bring herself to delete stuff despite the fact that they are all stored on flickr for her AND she can no longer take photos because she is at capacity....

Moral of the story is, if you plan to keep pictures at all, I would just go with the 64GB. For me, even without pics, I am at about 18 GB. Some of those are larger games that I could live without, but it's nice not having to worry about it. Had Apple offered 32GB entry level I would have considered that at least for a year.

17. Lashae macrumors member

16GB works for me because I stream everything, and store all my photos in the cloud. I only end up using about 4GB with apps, and "other".

I only get the 16GB because I know for a fact that it will be more than enough for me.

If you're unsure and have the extra $100, I say go for the 64GB, I don't believe i've ever seen anyone complain about having more space than they need.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your new iPhone. :)

18. dannyTO macrumors regular

dannyTO

19. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Just keep in mind its more like 10GBs than 16.

Also if you have to ask then buy the most storage you can afford. Its better to have too much and too little.

20. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I bought a 16gb 6 and I regret not getting more storage. I have space left on the phone, but there's no doubt having more storage would make me a lot less cautious about what apps I download.

21. CausticPuppy macrumors 65816

If 32 was the entry level, fewer people would get the next tier up. The purpose of the 16GB model is to convince you to get 64GB for only $100 more.

22. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I had the 32gb 5s ,so for me I was going to get the 64gb 6 Plus. 90% of my usage is music. So I figured double the space, double the music I can have with me. The Apple store only had a 16gb Silver or a 128gb Gold. I went with the Gold and am loving the extra space. I am filling it up now. I like that I can carry a quarter of my music with me at all times.

23. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

Music, movies, and games are what will kill ya. Games and music are the easiest to regulate as you can switch that out on a daily basis. It's definitely doable. Just not convenient.

24. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

Some of my friends who own the iPhone 5 16GB cannot update to iOS8 because they don't have enough space. They don't have a lot of apps but a lot of photos. Even I had a problem with iOS8 and iCloud with my 32GB. I had to delete some stuff just to upgrade and backup which was weird because I don't save a lot of photos on my iPhone.

Look for that 64GB because you will want to take advantage of the videos and photos (space needed).