iPad mini Can't decide about the mini!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tl01, Nov 3, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

Like so many, I love the idea of the mini. I love the size so much! It fits in a purse so beautifully, it is so light and it seems like it picks up where my iPhone's usefulness drops off.. It's size just makes it so portable and so I'd take it everywhere. I don't use my iPad 3 for super intensive tasks so the chip and memory are probably an okay compromise. The screen isn't terrible but it isn't great. I wish I could keep them both but I really can't right now. The iPad 3 seems so big and clunky now even though it seems so svelte compared to my MacBook. I've always thought the iPad was perfect. But will I miss the iPad for streaming movies? I love watching movies on it in bed. Has anyone felt the screen is too small for that? Any other thoughts on screen size where the mini is too small? For the record, I have an iMac and a MacBook. I need to sell the MacBook since I never use it. I only use my iMac for storing photos and for my oldests homework occasionally. I do everything else on my iPhone and iPad.

2. iAi macrumors 6502

Get it if you have the money. It's only money. Don't sweat the small stuff. :D

Some of us did. And got over it. ;)

iPad Mini is indeed a terrific gadget. So light and portable that you could easily hide.

3. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I sold my iPad 3 and pre-ordered the mini. So far I'm loving it, I really agree with the mini picking up where the phone leaves off. The iPad 3 was always to big for me to really comfortably take out of the house. I can just slip the mini into my coat pocket or easily throw it into my backpack for class.

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

For now it had to be one or the other for me. We still have two iPad 2s in the house... But those don't have retina screens obviously. My kids are getting iPad minis for Christmas but I don't want to carry one of theirs around all the time. It's hard to justify 6 iPads in different variations for a family of 4.

5. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Sell the two ipad 2's and keep the mini and the ipad 3. :D

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I've had every full size iPad, while waiting for Apple to cave in & join the others in the 7" +/- size class. I knew the moment I saw the first 7" Samsung Tab, that it was the perfect size for the highly mobile lifestyle of mine.

Since I always carry one of my various MacBooks, it's easy to fit an iPad in with it. The major downsides of the full size iPad, are weight & bulk. That issue evaporates when using a 7" tablet.

Now that I have both a 7" Nexus & iPad, I can readily suggest the Nexus to those who either cannot afford or simply do not want the overpriced iPad. I like the 7" iPad myself, but I'm not going to defend Apples greedy high price.

Especially when the Nexus is such an excellent model.

7. apierrec macrumors 6502

iPads or nothing as far as tablets for me thru the next 3 years.

Sell the iPad 2 and get the mini.

The wonderful world of iPads just keeps getting better & better!

8. JS3 macrumors regular

You said a key word here and that is Purse. If I was a women that would do it for me.

I'm a guy and always have my back pack so this is where I dont mind the larger ipad.

9. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm selling one iPad 2 soon.. But they aren't kids iPads. They are filled with their stuff.