Can't decide...Alumnium black, or SS both series 2..

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KillaMac, Oct 13, 2016.

1. KillaMac Suspended

It is a hard decision as I can't decide which way to go. What were your thoughts on why you select what you did, and why? Who is the best to order it from to get it here faster?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I have the stainless 42 MM. It's pricey, but I love the weight of the stainless and shine. The Saphirre screen is a huge advantage over the Ion-X Glass with the Sport Watch.

I personally did not care for the aluminum model, it was rather light for my liking.

And I would still order through Apple, free two delivery and they usually deliver ahead of schedule.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I went aluminum black because I didn't want to spend another $200. $400 was enough for me. If money was no option I'd probably just go with stainless, as I think it looks nicer.

4. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I went with the polished steel ("series 0") because I felt it would look better if I tried to dress it up.

5. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I myself can't decide over the SS silver Milanese or go get the SS black Milanese :(

6. KillaMac thread starter Suspended

Well, from someone who has owned a SS Black, if you scratch it, it doesn't go away. It was also harder to make it look good with all types of bands. Just looked like a big black square on your wrist with no two tone look at all. I think the SS is a better choice. You can polish scratches out and it works with a lot more bands.

So, I am so tempted to buy the Apple Watch HermèsStainless Steel Case with Fauve Barenia Leather Single Tour.

If I am spending $700 for a SS watch, might as well double it to get a nice one. But then, part of me says just get the SS with the leather bandfor $700. Why spend so much extra on a Hermes.....:/

7. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I am debating the aluminum versus the SS and my understanding was that the SS would scratch, but it can easily be buffed out, which is not really an option with the aluminum. Aside from the sapphire crystal screen, is there any other advantage to SS over aluminum?

8. thinkpink1434 macrumors newbie

thinkpink1434

I went with the black SS Milanese. The shiny look to it sold me. I dress up quite a bit for work and going out so this will compliment what I wear better. Also, it is heavier so that was a little bit of a concern for me but I have diamond stainless steel watches that are twice the weight so I'd be fine.

9. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

SS if you plan on wearing it everyday and want to look classy. The aluminum one looks like a toy IMO.