Can't decide between the iPad Air 16gb or 32gb

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JohnOmir, Nov 11, 2013.

1. JohnOmir macrumors newbie

I can't decide between the 16gb and 32gb iPad Air. I only had plenty of apps, plenty of photos and not a lot of music when I had my ipod touch 4g. I only had like 50 songs or so.

What do you recommend me????

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Do you need more than 16GB? Then get the 32GB.

Do you not need more than 16GB? Then get the 16GB.

I never understand why people ask which they should get. We don't know what you have, what things you want to put on your device, how much content you have. Only you do, therefore only you can answer this question.

3. Turboboost910 macrumors newbie

Depending on what size your apps are, and if you ever want to watch movies or not. If you run out of space, you have to pay for cloud storage. If you can afford the 32GB, i'd say better safe than sorry.

4. JGWolven macrumors regular

Definitely 32. I can't believe how quick I went through 16..

5. kalt macrumors regular

You think you don't need 32 but you'll be surprised how quickly you'll fill it up and wish you got 64.

I never thought I'd need more than 32 when i got my first iDevice. My last 2 iphones were 64gb because it's the most they sell. Today I got my first 128gb ipad (miniR). Having 128gb is the main reason i upgraded. Tehre was no 128gb option when I got the iPad 4.

And I don't even have any music on it.

6. thegreati macrumors regular

You will be glad you invested the extra money into extra space. Better safe than sorry.

7. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Between the two choices offered, 32GB.

I got the 32Gb mini and it's already down to 10GB of space left.

8. iWeekend macrumors regular

I was shopping and the local box store had their demo Air 16 out recently. The sales guys had obviously loaded up some games/apps to show customers. Maybe 2 page for sure, and a start on a third. Disk space left? 5.5gbs. The mini beside it with very few extra apps/games was sitting at 10.xgbs free.

I ordered a 32.

9. chiu macrumors newbie

10. cord macrumors newbie

Air is 16GB, Mini Retina is 64GB, and iPad Retina 4 is 64GB, I bought what i needed.

11. utekineir macrumors 6502

32 is what i've done on all iOS devices for all family members for years, its worked flawlessly in keeping anyone from having to micromanage storage over the life of the device.

think of it this way, theres a baseline amount of software both iOS and the apps standard apps you will want to have, your actual usable free space will effectively be after that is subtracted.

a 16 gb realistically will only have maybe half of the 16 available for most people. the next bump up actually does more than double the effective space you will have available.

that said, i had 64 gb once and it was a retarded waste of money that never was utilized, maybe if someone kept a large media library on the device 64+ would have a use.