Can't decide since a week. Getting upset.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lifter7, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Lifter7 macrumors newbie

MBA 2013 13 inch with 8GB Ram or Current 13 inch rMBP? :(

Not bothered about haswell, it won't be 3-4 months before it hits my region, and quite honestly I don't really care. Technology gets fast, so any product will get outdated.

Uses:

Engineering uni.

Study at home, view lectures,etc

Might take it to uni, but not on every day basis.

Surf internet/watch movies

coding.

Can't decide since a week, and I must make a decision today. :(

2. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Either will be fine, toss a coin.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

13" MBA is plenty and lighter to carry around.

4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

new macbook pros should be out this week. Why don't you wait till the apple conference?

I own a 2013 Macbook Air and LOVE IT !!! Use it for the same stuff you do minus coding. I upgraded from a 2010 Macbook Pro. It feels like the exact same computer just without the superdrive and way better battery. Do you really need a retina Macbook Pro? It's like asking hey guys a Jetta or a Audi 6. Same car company.... can't decide. Passat and Audi 4 are options too.

5. aloshka macrumors 65816

Wait exactly two days and see what Apple will reveal on the 22nd. I have both an air and a 13" rMBP. 13" rMBP feels slower especially in scrolling, etc. But the screen on MBA is REALLY outdated. It's not IPS, has bad viewing angles and feels washed out even compared to other laptops (non-retina). I think the 2009 screen is long overdue to be either IPS or something else on the air. So I say, rMBP. But it is much heavier and feels bulkier. But it's a trade off. I use air more.

6. Flowiee macrumors member

So you use it for the Engineering study? Do you also use Inventor / Solidworks on it?
    Which processor dou you have? Im doubting i5 vs i7 for Engineering stuff. If i5 can do it really good, i5 it will be. otherwise i7