Can't decide which one to buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by philfry, Jun 13, 2012.

  1. philfry macrumors regular

    Jun 22, 2010
    I was hoping for a 13" Retina MBP. I like the 15" Retina but I don't really need a 15" laptop. I like the portability of the MBP 13. I currently have a Mid-2010 MBP 13.

    I have no need for an optical drive and the 13" MBA looks good but I don't really need a laptop that portable. For me a 13" Retina MBP would be the perfect size.

    It would be nice if I knew if a 13" Retina is coming out or not. I could always get a 13 MBA or 15 Retina MBP and sell it later i guess. Also, does anyone know if there is any limit on how many apple store gift cards can be used in one order?
  2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816


    Feb 4, 2011
    New York
    As far as the gift cards. I don't think it matters how many you can use. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I've had my 13" MBP and i think its the perfect portable laptop. I was really looking to upgrade to a 13" Retina but after much contemplation, I will get the 15" Retina. Why?

    I checked out the 15" Retina today and it's light as hell. It's even lighter than the 13" MBP and its thinner. For me it's nearly just as portable and I also get the 15" screen real estate. I've always wanted a bigger screen and I think I will settle with the retina.

    Get the retina, if 13" comes out. Just sell it and downgrade. Ill likely do the same thing.
  3. philfry thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 22, 2010
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I was leaning towards the Retina 15 because it seems like a good value because i need at least 256 GB. I don't think 128 GB would cut it for me.

    I will have to wait until I can see one in person.

  4. leenak macrumors 68020

    Mar 10, 2011
    Your current laptop is only 2 years old. Why not wait at least a year to buy another? My suggestion is keep yours, as prices drop and specs increase, upgrade in 1-2 years.
  5. philfry thread starter macrumors regular

    Jun 22, 2010
    I'm planning on giving my MBP 2010 to my fiancée. She currently has a 2009 White Macbook and I'm selling that one for $500.

Share This Page