Can't decide which phone to get in future

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by super michael, Feb 9, 2012.

1. super michael macrumors regular

I am thinking of getting Iphone 4s or Samsung galaxy S2, I just can't decide what to get in the future. I am waiting for their price to go down.

Can someone post a picture to see both samsung galaxy S2 and Iphone 4s, I want to compare their size.

They both looks so great, kind of a hard decision.

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Not gonna happen. Just pony up and get an iPhone.

3. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm doesn't smartphone work like this, that every year when there is a new smartphone, the older one gets cheaper?

Like if Iphone 5 comes out, then Iphone 4s goes down in price and Iphone 4
    If samsung galaxy S3 comes out then Samsung galaxy S2 and S1 goes down in price?

I am new to the smartphones, I used to use mostly the normal mobile phone.

@lordofthereef thanks for the imagine.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

SGS2 might have special deals; Radio Shack does these all the time.

5. cynics macrumors G3

Yep they both go down. Typically android phones reduce in price faster since new android devices come out faster.

Your best bet it going to the store and play with both. You can't go wrong with either.

6. scott craft macrumors 6502a

My sister-in-law got the SG2 at Radio Shack for around 80 bucks a couple of months ago.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Well there you go! I KNOW they have fantastic deal. Wirefly is also decent, if you want to deal with having the phone shipped to you. The best you will get on an iPhone is maybe $10 off, so if you are looking for value in terms of sheer dollars, the Android is going to win if you are willing to wait for the right promotion.

8. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

I normally buy mobile phones when I go to UK on holiday, unless in Spain they sell unlocked phone.

I don't buy mobiles phone online since most shop are annoying with "UK only" they send it to.

9. sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

what country are you from?

In europe the new android quad core phones will be out in the next couple of months. Including the galaxy S3. So the prices should come down a bit on the galaxy S2.

The new iphone will probably be out out in the summer too so this is the worst time to buy a phone. Wait a couple of months and see what happens

10. xdbuix macrumors 6502

Try looking into the Nokia Lumia 900. I know it's a windows phone, but it's one sweet looking and awesome phone.

If you can wait though, wait for the iPhone 5. Refresh hopefully is coming in a few months.

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I just don't like the 'tiles' on the front screen but once your past that its buttery smooth. However after using Nokia for over 15 years i moved to iOS and i devices and am not swayed at moving away !

Beauty of choice.

12. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

I live in Gibraltar, but Spain is only a few minutes drive so its no problem going to spain to see.

13. ledlauzis macrumors member

ledlauzis

If you want to get convinced to buy Samsung Galaxy S2 then you are not in the right forum. Almost everyone here has iPhone and will say that it's the best and hands down. ;)

14. sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

ok well definitley wait a couple of months at least.

galaxy S3, HTC Ville, HTC Edge, LG X3 all quad core phones with 720p screens up to 4.7inch monsters will be out in the next few months. Theres probably a couple more i dont know about

These will force the price down on current high end androids and put pressure on iphone to be more competetive.

15. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Is there any chance that the Samsung galaxy S2 and the Iphone 4 16GB or 32GB might reach like £300-£400 pay as you go in UK?

16. DanteMann macrumors 6502

You should really give Windows Phone a try. If you prefer Samsung and their amazing display, then wait for the Samsung Mendel. It's gonna be Samsung's new high end Windows Phone. I have all 3 platforms, and nothing compares to Windows Phone for a fluid and intuitive user experience. The live tile layout is a refreshing change from the boring grid of icons. I've praised Android, and still think its the most feature packed and the most customizable OS, but with Windows 8 coming very soon, Windows is going to be the dominating OS on desktops and mobile devices. Bet on it.

17. Shadowbech macrumors 68030

Well they only have iphone 4 in 8 GB model only, if you want the iphone 4 in 16 GB or 32 GB, you will have to get them from e-bay. Unless you are talking about the iPhone 4S??

18. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Oh so only the Iphone 4 8gb they still sell in shop, but don't sell the 16GB and 32GB, that really messes up my plan.

As for the windows phone, @DanteMann to be honest I never seen or tried a windows phone, I guess I can check it when I go to UK in 1 months time.