Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zach23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Hello,

So yeah I'm having a very difficult time deciding what to purchase. Any advice would be really appreciated!!
I have a 2008 unibody 15" MBP now and it's falling apart. The battery is bulging, keys have fallen off, theres a red stripe in the screen, and my battery lasts one hour. So now I'm going to purchase a new laptop and I can't decide whether to purchase a new 15" MBP or the 13" MBA. I am a university student and the only reason I don't bring the MBP is because it's a little too big and heavy and I can't sit through one lecture without it dying. I mostly use the internet and watch a LOT of movies and tv shows (and work, but thats not important :D). I really like having a big screen for watching movies but is a 13" worse? It would suck if I bought the MBP and then have to see the update in a couple of months.

So my major things in a laptop are listening to music, watching movies and shows, and web surfing (with like 20+ tabs at once).

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot,
Zach

foodle

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
First off, that bulging battery is a hazard. You should get it replaced ASAP.

Second, do you really need to have a laptop in lecture?

Third, given your needs, I'd think that you'd be best served with a new 15" MBP. Videos will likely need the faster CPU and you'll appreciate the larger screen. Maybe go for the high resolution screen.

mmcxiiad

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
It would suck if I bought the MBP and then have to see the update in a couple of months.

Zack

Regardless of what laptop you buy, or when you buy it, you can guarantee that in 6-8 months not only will there be a new model out, but it will be a lot better then what you already have. This is true of all computer brands, TVs, Cars, etc. It is the unfortunate truth to technology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.