Can't decide...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SmoothJ, Oct 30, 2011.

1. SmoothJ macrumors member

I had the new MBA 13 awhile back and it wasn't suiting my needs. So I returned it and wanted to pick up a new MBP 15/17 when the refreshed happened. However, like everyone knows, it was only a rumor and no one knew when it would happen.

So a few weeks ago (15 days to be exact) I picked up a alienware from outlet for under $2500 with the following specs:

Alienware M17x R3 Laptop
    Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)
    Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate
    2860QM 2.5GHz
    2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M
    16 GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (4X4GB)
    Internal 60GHz WirelessHD Transmitter
    Killer Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 3x3 MIMO
    320 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
    320 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
    17.3 inch Wide FHD (1920 x 1080 60Hz) WLED Display

and a 3 year warranty and with complete care.

Now ever since I picked this up I feel like I am regretting it, cause I wanted a MBP, but I love the power of this alienware.

So the highest end MBP that I can get is a MBP 17with the 2860QM with less memory is $2,799.00 without a 3 year warranty :/

So the question is: is it worth it to get the MBP or keep to AW? I think I already know the answer, but I feel like I need to hear from other techies at this point.

2. Berius macrumors member

If the alienware suits your needs than keep it. Seems like you wanted a gaming laptop and that is one hell of a gaming rig!

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Keep what you have & stop second guessing your choice.

You're fine, use it & enjoy it.

4. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

unless you are like me who absolutely need a MBP (for the OS and software), you are way better off going with other laptops such as Sager (Much much better specs and cheaper price tag)

So yeah, be happy with your alienware!!