Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I currently have a Dell XPS 13-inch that is four years old and the nvidia graphics card is just about crapped out (I have had the screen with just all lines, but able to get it to work again to back up all of my stuff). So I am used to a 13-inch screen, but something is making me think about the 15-inch MacBook pro. Retina is not important to me. I'm switching to a MacBook because I have an iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (had this before I got the iPhone).

A dedicated graphics card is not important to me. I bought the XPS because I got an awesome deal. I like the size of the 13-inch, but wonder if I should get something bigger since I don't take the laptop out much now with the iPad. I do like the price of the 13-inch base model better (of course).

Yes I know, it's up to me and no one can make the decision for me, I guess I'm just looking for some thoughts. The only stuff I'll be doing on the MacBook would be some word processing, spreadsheet stuff, minor photo editing (personal use), and internet. I don't play computer games.

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Get the 13" Air

I want to be able to upgrade RAM and possibly the HDD (to SSD) in the future. Also I would like to have an internal disk drive. But thank you. I should have added that info in my original post. :eek:

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
If you don't plan on carrying it around much (and if price isn't a problem), I'd say go with the 15" high res.

I own a 13" Mac and a 15" Windows laptop. I carry the 13" to class and such, but I keep my more powerful 15" on my desk for whenever I need more power. And though it's only a 2" difference, the 15" screen feels much bigger than the 13". It's just easier to look at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.