Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desgnr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Was looking at Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7
& waiting to see the Ipad Mini

Which is better Samsung Galaxy Tab or Nexus 7

It's so CONFUSING.

I hear the android system is more like a PC
Someone said Apple makes you have all Apple products.

Can anyone give me a good reason for which one to buy.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Wait and see; only few days to go ... Then we all know more.

That an iPad or iPod touch has the potential for an entry drug is true. There is a risk you end up with an iMac for MacBook :D I can tell you ...

Last edited:

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Wait and see; only few days to go ... Then we all know more.

That an iPad or iPod touch has the potential for an entry grug is true. There is a risk you end up with an iMac for MacBook :D I can tell you ...

Yes, exactly. I bought an iPod nano when it first came out. Now I have an iPhone, an iPad, a MacBook Air, and an iMac. I have also talked my mom into buying an iPod touch, iMac, MacBook Air, iPad, and she's now looking forward to getting the iPad mini if it has cellular data.

However, it's not that Apple products only works with other Apple products. Both my mom and I are using Windows 7 on our iMacs and MBAs. And all our iDevices work fine with iTunes for Windows, and I have my bookmarks synced among my IPad, iPhone, and Internet Explorer.

Back to the OP, I haven't seen a Nexus. I have seen Samsung tablets in stores, and they look pretty nice, but they have so many models I never can quite figure out which is which.

Android is more like PCs in the sense that it has a file system and you can install any apps you want. Apple hides the file system on the iPads (and iPhones and iPod touches), and you can only install apps from the app store, which Apple checks before they allow them there. So iDevices have no malware or viruses, while apparently it's a big problem with Android. On the other hand, there's a lot of stuff you can do on Android that Apple has locked down on iOS. A lot of people just don't care about being able to tinker with the kind of stuff that Android lets you do, but if you like to do that kind of thing, then iOS may not be for you.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.