Can't decide

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
1,186
0
Under the sun
I was for sure going to get an MBP. I'm not paying for it, as it's my graduation present and my first mac. Until the release of the mb. I'm not so sure anymore. Is the mbp still worth the extra dough? I know the future mbp will be worth it, but I'm not so sure about the present one anymore. If I got a mbp it would be the base model. If a macbook, it would be 2.0ghz white model with 80GB (I consider the superdrive a must for my needs). I just don't know what to do. Please help.
 

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
1,186
0
Under the sun
Here is what I´m wondering, right now I´d only be using it for normal activities. But the reason is I simply cannot afford pro applications at this point. I´m afraid of the day when I can purchase a pro application, and it won´t work. I´m interested in eventually purchasing aperture. I plan on keeping this computer for 4 years, and with my education discount it´s 1250 for the macbook vs. 1800 macbook pro.
 

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
947
7
USA
I'm also in your situation, of getting a laptop for college as a graduation present. I was also torn between a macbook 2 ghz or the mbp 2 ghz and I realized that since I will be using this computer for 4 years, a macbook would eliminate any chance of doing any mid-high level gaming, in addition to using any pro apps. add in a matte screen (and larger screen) and I have convinced myself to spend the extra $500-600 on the MBP... now if only I can decide whether to get one in june or wait til WWDC in august for the possibility of core 2 duo MBP
 

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
4,714
18
Russia
If you intend to keep this laptop for a long time, MBP is a far better choice. It is faster, has a larger screen, has a GPU and is much more durable! Don't forget about "regular" non-glossy screen, so there will be no stupid reflections. :) In your case, I'd get a MBP