Can't decide!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Jun 29, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I mean i've read the iphone is supposedly coming to verizon in January which i'm on now but should I wait for January and see or when I get back from Kansas this weekend, order it through AT&T and pay the 500 dollar deposit I owe since I don't have a credit score. Decisions, decisions. :)

2. Resist macrumors 68030

That is a rumor, just like the previous one was.

3. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Something is telling me to wait, but i'm tired of waiting the past 3 years lol

4. stphnman20 macrumors regular

Wait if you want.. Just dont be disappointed when it doesn't happened. :p

I say just get it.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

6. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

If I sell some stuff i'll just get it for AT&T next week lol

7. vbman213 macrumors 6502

$500! The Apple website told me I would have to only pay a $100 deposit. I have ZERO credit. I've never owned a credit card, etc. I wonder why mine is only $100. If AT&T ends up saying it is $500, I will gladly tell them no thanks and keep using my dumbphone.

8. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Wishing I could use my parents SS# and just pay them but 500 is steep may just buy the iphone next week i'm sick of waiting anymore!

9. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Maybe get the iphone for 7 months and than if it comes to Verizon come back? hmmmm...

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The downside is that the rumor is, like all the others, white puffs smoke, and Verizon does not get the iPhone in Jan. You then, effectively, have to wait until June/July to get your phone, because, let's be honest, what MR reader is going to buy an iPhone that is going to be replace in 6 months, and probably at the least w/ 2x more memory for the same price.

11. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I'm not bashing Verizon here, but why would anyone want to not be able to use data/voice at the same time is beyond me.

If you have your lovely iphone on Verizon and are surfing the web/checking email, listening to Pandora or even playing an online game app, if a phone call comes in, the caller will be directed right to the voice mail. Thats like having the iPhone Edge all over again.

I know Verizon has a better network, but i wouldn't even think about switching to Verizon unless they fixed that issue.

12. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I don't even call people anymore I just talk. It's weird one minute i'm like get it next week when I get back another is telling me to wait until January but its a while away.

13. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Can't imagine leaving Verizon's awesome network to go with AT&T's lousy network to get a phone with reception problems.

You maybe in for a big disappointment.
    I'd definitely wait till January.

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I almost NEVER need data and voice at the same time. But that doesn't matter because Verizon can do it. You need to do some research.

Edit: The rumors have been around for so long and are unreliable. That being said, I'd wait out the issues w/ the iPhone 4 to see how Apple addresses it before I buy one. Luckily my phone isn't suffering, but enough are that I'd be weary if I were you.

15. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

x2 I agree

16. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

i'm just going to wait and see how this folds out of the next few months.