Cant delete app please help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by redrider123463, Feb 22, 2011.

1. redrider123463 macrumors newbie

Okay,

So i noticed recently that my macbook is may down on memory, so eventually i found out that there was a bunch of .asl files in a private folder. almost 102 gb worth of these files. so i deleted a bunch. and i opened one and it shows that its an error message from an app i thought i deleted called hidemyip.
    and i also realized before that in activity monitor or whatever that hidemyipd was running and using cpu space. and i though i deleted it. now i cant find it anywere on my mac to stop these .asl files. i get like 2 every day. and they take up alot of space. please tell me how to delete this app once and for all. and please explain in an easy way. im not very technical.

2. redrider123463 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright,

I found some of the files using that thread you posted. But one file cant be deleted in trash. When i click on it, it brings me to Terminal. And hide my ip is still running. How do i delete it. The icon is named what activity monitor is showing for its name. so i must be the last file.:confused:

:apple:

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Instead of choosing "Empty Trash," choose "Secure Empty Trash." See if that deletes the stubborn file.