Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
So I downloaded a game which advertised another similar game from same producer, now I can't delete it or any other app, I can't even move apps around

Starting to piss me off big time

JCastro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Did you try syncing the iPhone? Either syncing or rebooting should take care of it.

Are you sure you turned it all the way off? I am surprised it didn't work. :confused:

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Did you try syncing the iPhone? Either syncing or rebooting should take care of it.

Are you sure you turned it all the way off? I am surprised it didn't work. :confused:

my computer is inoperable cause of a virus I have no way of syncing it.

I noticed theoption toback up my iPhone on a different computer will that erease my songs and apps? Or will it simply create a back up?

I also age like 80 purchased songs from iTunes (bought from phone) what will happen to those if I have to restore or do this backup option?

tayshon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Philly, PA
If that new computer is the same itunes account you can download them again on that computer. If you sync your phone with it will not do a back up first.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
If, even after resetting it (hold down "home" + "sleep/wake" buttons for several seconds), you still can't delete the app (hold down finger on app until the "x" appears), then syncing may be your only option.

my computer is inoperable cause of a virus I have no way of syncing it.

Then you're going to need to connect it to another computer, and restore your iPhone from a different computer.

I noticed theoption toback up my iPhone on a different computer will that erease my songs and apps? Or will it simply create a back up?

I also age like 80 purchased songs from iTunes (bought from phone) what will happen to those if I have to restore or do this backup option?

Connecting it to another computer to have it sync will ask you to erase your iPhone. And it won't create a backup (because it wouldn't be your iTunes library). So the only option I know of is to get that computer fixed... viruses suck, and are usually expensive to get rid of... This is probably your next best option for your computer, at least.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
If, even after resetting it (hold down "home" + "sleep/wake" buttons for several seconds), you still can't delete the app (hold down finger on app until the "x" appears), then syncing may be your only option.

Then you're going to need to connect it to another computer, and restore your iPhone from a different computer.

Connecting it to another computer to have it sync will ask you to erase your iPhone. And it won't create a backup (because it wouldn't be your iTunes library). So the only option I know of is to get that computer fixed... viruses suck, and are usually expensive to get rid of... This is probably your next best option for your computer, at least.

The computer is being taken care of on my cousins mac I right ckicked my connected iPhone in the iTunes lust and it gave me an option to back up the iPhone does this not create a back up of contact info notes and bookmarks etc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.