Can't delete comments on Facebook app

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Boob, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Boob macrumors member

Even going to the activity log now won't let me delete comments, unlike statuses, etc.

Sometimes I can and then other times it won't let me. The app is really weird.

This happening to anyone else?

2. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I didn't even you could access the Activity Log from the app. But it looks like o=if you press the little circle a delete button pops up.

3. Jaypi macrumors regular

Jaypi

You can't delte them when you are in the news feed, but when you open the status/photo directly you can delete them.

4. Boob thread starter macrumors member

It only allows you to sometimes. I just tried tapping the circle multiple times and still no delete button. Can't even swipe left to delete comments anymore. It's ridiculous.

Don't think so. Whenever I swipe right it takes me to the chat. Swiping left takes me to the other menu.

What Facebook version are you on? I'm on 5.2.2.

5. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I delete straight from the news feed or my timeline by swiping left in the upper right corner area of the comment....did it a couple of times just this past week when I accidentally still had the Facebook button on for a FourSquare entry.

6. Boob thread starter macrumors member

It lets you swipe left to delete on your timeline but if you go to your news feed, swiping left just takes you to the chat.

7. ryanlawrence171 macrumors member

Yes, I am also facing this problem. Yesterday I tried to delete comment, I swipe on it and I got the option to delete, but after sometime I checked again and comment is still there...

8. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Slide to the left in the top right hand corner of the box your status is in to delete. A black circle containing an X will appear.

Slide your finger to the left over your comment in a status update to delete. A red box will appear with the words delete appear just like it does when your deleting some music.

Can post screenshots if any of you wish me to do so.

9. Boob thread starter macrumors member

Please do. When I swipe left it takes me to the menu with search, pages, friends list, etc

I can delete a status on my timeline no problem. The issue is that I can't delete comments on a status. Swiping left does nothing. Are you on the latest Facebook version (5.2.2)?