Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnkanesmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
This is something I find really annoying. I cant stand the clutter of old messages, so junk mail made a permanent fixture urks me even more.

I work on 2 machines and they are having similar isues

1) A Dual 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5
I have one message stuck in my inbox, when I select it and click delete, it just turns grey. and if i drag the message to the trash nothing happens. When I classify it as junk mail it disapears (does not go to the junk mail folder), but when I go back to the inbox its there again. This message contains no data, nothing shows in the preview panel and I cant find a file for it on the hardrive (Home / Library / Mail)

2) New 17" macbook pro laptop
On this machine Im having the same problem as above, but with a couple messages. There is also a bunch of messages in the junk mail folder I cant erase.

Does anyone have any ideas here? I really dont want to backup / wipe / restore Mail on both computers.

And with this happening on both my machines, I cant be the only one having this problem...

Salmar

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2007
Florida
I find that mail can be quite flaky at times and other times it works fine. Sometimes when I delete emails that are in the inbox they disappear from the box but do not show up in the trash. I go back into the inbox and there they are again. What I have to do is high lite the messages in the inbox and go up to edit and click on cut and I can get rid of them that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.