Can't delete music after iCloud restore

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Phenotype, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Phenotype macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I recently had to do an iCloud restore on my iPhone 4 (running iOS 5.1) and ran into a really frustrating issue that I cannot solve.

I had 2 albums on my phone that I had copied from an ex-coworker (I'll explain why this is relevant later). After doing the iCloud restore the iPhone tries to put those two albums back onto my phone, since they were purchased from iTunes. However, the issue is that since they were purchased under an Apple ID that isn't mine, it prompts me for the password, and I don't have it.

Now, there's no hard feelings between this fellow (the coworker) and myself, but we weren't very close to begin with, and I'm thinking that since he doesn't work here anymore he's not going to respond well if I message him on Facebook and ask for his Apple ID password. Bottom line, I'm not going to be able to get the password for this Apple ID.

Now, I'm perfectly happy to buy the albums myself from iTunes, I don't care about getting them back. The issue is that I cannot delete them! The two albums appear in the Music App with all of the songs grayed out. if I try to swipe to delete, nothing happens. And the even more frustrating thing is that every single time I copy a new album onto the phone, it prompts me for his Apple ID password, and for some odd reason it's begun prompting me twice for each album. That means every time I copy an album to my phone, I get prompted for his password FOUR times in a row.

All I want to know is how to tell the iPhone to stop trying to download these albums and erase the grayed out songs from my Music app. I went to the iTunes app > Downloads > and deleted the pending downloads from there, but they just show up again a few hours later and this cycle of being prompted for his password begins all over again.

I'm hoping someone here has a solution because this is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance, and sorry this post is so long, I like to be thorough in giving details.

2. AoifeRyan93 macrumors newbie

Same happened to me

Hello :)
    Im sure youve already sorted your problem out but in case you havent, I have the solution!
    Simply go into settings on your iPhone and then go down to iCloud, go into iCloud and then scroll down until you see 'stop restore', click on that and it will say something like "Are you sure because any files not restored wont be able to be backed up again" (something to that jist) then click stop and it will delete those albums waiting to be downloaded! :)

I had this exact problem and came on this page looking for the solution but there was no reply and I was pretty bummed out cos it was really annoying me! Then when i figured it out I had to come back here and reply just in case you hadnt figured it out cos i would have hated to still have it popping up all the time!

Hope i helped! :D