Cant delete my Windows partition on my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by logicpro7, Dec 29, 2010.

1. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

I mistakenly wiped my windows partition thinking it would delete it so i could gain 5gb back to my OSX drive.

I should have used Boot camp assistant and i cant use time machine as the last time it was syncd was in November and i would then lose some important Music projects.

I have a new SSD Hybrid momentus HD in the post, but i dont want time machine to put the windows partition onto the new drive.

What options do i have, so i dont have to reinstall all my Apps and Documents etc.

2. logicpro7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, i managed to use Disk Utility on the install disc to delete the partition, but it still seems to be listed on Boot Camp Assistant?

I cant delete it or make the blue box on the first screenshot full size?

Attached Files:

3. tjb1 macrumors 68000

In bootcamp its not telling you a partition, if you read the top it says "Create a Partition." That box is showing you the size of the one you were about to create...

4. logicpro7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahhh, so even though it still says Windows partition, that is the previous partition name i deleted?

In the other screenshot, is the blue supposed to cover the white box at the bottom? Thats where the previous windows partition was.

5. tjb1 macrumors 68000

The picture on the right...Its saying the Windows partition will be 5GB, in bootcamp it will always name it Windows because that is what bootcamp is for.

The picture on the left...the blue is what is being used and the white is what isnt being used.

Blue = Data
    White = Free Space

6. logicpro7 thread starter macrumors 6502a