Can't delete photos from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SKANLEZ, Apr 28, 2009.

1. SKANLEZ macrumors member

I just unlocked and jailbroke my iPhone a couple days ago using winpwn. I've been trying to delete my photo's but they keep coming back. For example, I have 6 photo's in there now and I delete them until there are 0 photo's. I then close the photos folder and re-open it and there are the photos that I just deleted. Anyone know what is going on?

I also took a picture this morning and it did not get saved on my iPhone. So weird, please I need help.

Ttt

2. RIPNHL2005 macrumors member

Use WINSCP in Windows or whatever program on MAC to access the file system.

Navigate to var/mobile/Media/ and issue the following command to set
    the permissions right:
    CODE
    chown -R mobile DCIM

Restart iPhone and photo problem should be resolved.

3. RIPNHL2005 macrumors member

Erasing through computer didn't work for me....Something changed the permissions on photo folder which the above command string fixed.

4. Alibrahim1994 macrumors newbie

You shouldn't erase in the drive of the iphone, instead, erase using itunes. You can check of the images you don't want and keep the one you want and sync. This will almost be like erasing.

5. stevekresena macrumors newbie

im having the same problem but im using a mac so i dont know which program is should be using to do this. I cant just delete on itunes like the previous poster suggested because the photos were taken on the iphone and there isnt a selection to delete them in the itunes sync setup page

6. feelyou macrumors newbie

feelyou