Can't delete photos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xray328, Nov 17, 2011.

1. xray328 macrumors member

When I connect to my phone with iPhoto it says all photos (280) have already been uploaded and gives me the option to delete them from my phone, but then it says it's deleting photos, the status bar need moves, it self exits and my phone disappears from the side bar never deleting anything.

Any suggestions Thanks in advance!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Please provide some specifics: what iPhone generation, what version iOS, what version iPhoto, Mac OS X? Are these pictures you shot with the native Camera app, or one downloaded from the App Store, or screenshots?

3. xray328 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry.

iMac running Lion, V iPhone running 5.01, photos were taken using the native camera app and reside in the photo album. Total size was 2.8 GB, 280 images

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Within the Photos app on the iphone, are the photos still in the Camera Roll or are you talking about a different album on the phone? I think the phone cannot delete stuff not in Camera Roll as those other albums are synced down from the iMac.

5. xray328 thread starter macrumors member

Yes it's still in the camera roll. When I plug in the phone it shows all the pictures on the phone. Then it says all the photos have already been imported. At the bottom it asks if I want to delete the photos on the phone. I click delete and a status bar pops up that says deleting. But it doesn't delete them and the phone disappears from the side bar.