Can't delete user accounts!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Lei Chic, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Lei Chic macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook that has my niece's and cousin's user accounts and I am trying to delete it. I am the Admin on the laptop and I know how to delete a user account, but when I go to System Preferences > (There is no "Account" icon to click on)...does anyone know another way to access the Account window so I can delete their accounts?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

What if you type "accounts" in to the spotlight icon, it should show up as the top hit after a moment of searching?

3. Lei Chic thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that and it doesn't come up...it's as if "Accounts" have been deleted from my computer. I don't know any other way to open the Accounts window to delete the other two user accounts...

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Check System/Library/PreferencePanes to see if it even exists. If it does, double click it. If it doesn't, you'll need to at least perform an Archive and Install, or try to copy it from a different computer with the exact same OS on it if that will even work.

5. Lei Chic thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked in the Preference Panes and it didn't exist...:( I guess I'll have to re-install it, but lost the installation disc for my macbook while moving twice within one year. Just wanted to see if there was a way to do it without the installation discs and b able to delete the other user accounts. Thx for the help!

6. Queso macrumors G4

It sounds like the accounts themselves are already gone. Are you trying to delete the user directories?