Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azmodon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2005
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Rather, I know how (selecting it as outbound in the sound menu of system preferences or whatever), I just can't seem to hear anything. I checked the volume, and it's fine. And it happens in all programs - WoW, Ventrilo, and iTunes.

Any thoughts? :-/

Azmodon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2005
Hampton Roads, Virginia
mad jew said:
Is this through USB or the headphone port? Does any sound at all get through (system sounds and so on)? :)

USB port. I tried plugging the headset in a different port - same thing. No sounds get through, system or otherwise (how many system sounds does Apple OS anyways besides that start up noise and that "bweep" when an error is discovered? :O )

gordonempire

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2006
Meridian, ID
You need to go to the Sound area in System Preferences and choose the headset for your sound output. Once it is chosen, it will opt to use it when it is plugged in. It will need to be plugged in and recognized before you can choose it.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I normally have the same problem when I wake from sleep. Then I mute and unmute and afterwards the headset works. Don't know why, but at least it works...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.