Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macincar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
I just tried to install XP on my new Mac Pro, but the odd thing is the Windows can't display more than 640*480! I was expecting playing some games. Is that because I use a VGA port monitor? Cause there is question mark about VGA stuffs in the Hardware Manager. Maybe I need a DVI port monitor?:eek: Who knows how to solve this?

macrobat

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
what kind of graphics card do you have? I think you need to change the settings in the driver software for you graph card nvidia of ati

macincar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Mine is ATI X1900XT, I have installed driver disk, how to change the settings of the drive software?

tomfowler

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2004
I had the same problem. The bootcamp driver CD did nothing for my video drivers. Goto ATI.com and download the latest driver

ati.com

If you are like me, Internet Explorer would crash trying to load the default home page and I couldn't even get an address bar to enter the ati.com address. If this happens, just set your homepage to a blank under the Internet Options in control panel and then goto ati and get the drivers.

You will also eventually get CLI application crashes until you install .NET version 1.1. You need BOTH .NET 2.0 and 1.1.

macincar

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
thanks tomfowler!!It works!! I'm going to enjoy some game now!!

tomfowler

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2004
Glad it worked out for you. Now if you come up with any reliable solutions for the wireless keyboard in WindowsXP, let me know. The mouse works great, the keyboard requires turning off and then on again.

DeadSirius

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2006
I'm in the same boat, but I can't find .NET anything on that site. (Yes, I'm a nitwit.) Where exactly are these downloads? My Windows install won't look past the "Default" monitor either.

m3henn04

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2006
I am having the same issue as the original post here but my other problem is that when I do try to use my DVI port on my LG monitor I get absolutely no picture at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.