Can't DL 5.0.1...connection times out???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Jan 21, 2012.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Every time I try to download and restore to 5.0.1 on my 4S I get the "connection timed out, check network connections" error message.

I have checked my host files and got rid of any tinyumbrella code....Although I don't see the usual Apple coding at the bottom either...is this the problem? I though iTunes would automatically put that line in when trying to restore???

I have my computer plugged directly into my modem...I've logged out and logged back in under iTunes and I've deselected "allow multiple downloads"

I'm not using the current version of iTunes, I'm using the one before the current...but even when said version of iTunes WAS current, I still ran into the same issues. So I'm assuming that's not a factor here.

Can someone help me? What is the "Apple.gs" or whatever it is that is supposed to be at the bottom of the Hosts file? And because it is not there, is that my problem as it can't be signed by Apple?

I've resorted to DL the file from Filexburns website...but I'd much rather get it from Apple.

Thanks in advance.

2. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Lets see, you wanna have from apple servers, well, you might give this 2 links ashot:

iPhone 4S ( build 9A406 )
    iPhone 4S IOS 5.0.1