Can't do Soft reset on iPhone 4 with IOS 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by minkeygirl, Sep 22, 2012.

1. minkeygirl macrumors newbie

I upgraded my phone to IOS 6 (mistake) and have run into a problem doing a soft reset.

At night there is a tendency for me to lose my wifi signal and revert to 3G. (why this happens is another issue). What I previously did was press the home button and the power button until I got the slide bar on the screen to turn off or the cancel option on the bottom. I chose CANCEL, and my phone would go back to wifi.

It happened last night but when I did what I usually do it did not bring me that screen. I tried several times and nothing. I ended up holding the buttons down and after about 10-15 seconds the phone turned off, I got the white apple and then the phone came back on with wifi.

What happened to this option? Any ideas?

Thanks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Don't you usually get the cancel option only when you hold the top button only?

B

3. minkeygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

I had always been told to hold both buttons so that is what I had been doing and it worked fine. After iOS6 it didn't.

After I read this last night I tried just the top button as you said and Voila! it worked! So who knows.

Thanks though, I didn't know that.

4. Mesadora macrumors newbie

iphone

I cannot even do any reset.....wont do a soft, or hard...I have to delete the whole phone...the new update has created so many issues....I want to throw the phone anymore...it first took out all my speakers, and since i did the reset, and then got the new phone, things have gotten only worse...it does a failure report whenever i try to do a soft reset....it wont stay connected...it wont open apps....i am tired of this

5. minkeygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to hear. I have not had any problems with how my phone works. I figured out my problem so aside from not liking the looks of things, Im' ok.