Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
hey guys. so i heard that the new version of iTunes wont let you jailbreak the 3.0 firmware. i read this somewhere AFTER i updated. i downloaded an installer for iTunes 7 and i uninstalled iTunes 8 from my laptop and i installed iTunes 7. whenever i try to open iTunes version 7 i get this message and iTunes doesnt open. how do i fix this??

here is the message i get:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5932/itunesproblem.png

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
The .itl file is modified by iTunes upgrades. It stores things like your playlists, the play counts, and the file locations of the tracks in iTunes. You can try to replace the existing one with a backed up .itl found in the Previous iTunes Libraries directory. You may have several, arranged by date. Take the most recent one from before the upgrade, pull it out to the main iTunes directory, and rename it to "iTunes Library.itl" Note that the previous .itl file may be still prove to be incompatible with iTunes 7, which means you'll have to find iTunes 8.0 or 8.1 somewhere and load that on the computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.