Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
I have saved SHSH both on Cydia and TinyUmbrella.

I am trying to restore from 4.3.1 to 4.2.1, but I keep getting errors.

I have tinyUmbrella running with the server started - but it hangs at "preparing iphone for restore" and eventually stops with error 1604.

I also tried editing the hosts file manually to point to cydia, but this time it says "the device isn't eligible".

Last edited:

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
-are you using stock or custom firmware?
-are you putting the phone into DFU or recovery?

If you're needing a jb, create a custom firmware with pwnage. It'll put you into DFU.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
-are you using stock or custom firmware?
-are you putting the phone into DFU or recovery?

If you're needing a jb, create a custom firmware with pwnage. It'll put you into DFU.

Originally it was 4.2.1 stock, but jailbroken. I want to restore so I can start fresh. I used TU to put it in restore mode first before attempting restore.

Now I am at 4.3.1, because it wouldn't let me go back.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I'm not sure if you need to be in DFU or restore; I'm guessing the former. D/l the ipsw again, just in case it was corrupted. If you're going to jb 4.2.1 again, create custom firmware in pwnage; you'll be prompted to DFU the phone following their instructions. Start the TU server, open itunes and press option and restore.
BTW, you said you have the 4.2.1 blob on your computer, right?
Originally it was 4.2.1 stock, but jailbroken. I want to restore so I can start fresh. I used TU to put it in restore mode first before attempting restore.

Now I am at 4.3.1, because it wouldn't let me go back.

sbddude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Nor Cal, USA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.