Can't downgrade to iOS 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ouroboros1, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Ouroboros1 macrumors newbie

I have a newer 3GS and I made the mistake of upgrading to 4.2.1. I had previously been running 4.1 Jailbroken, and had all my SHSH blobs saved via Cydia. However whenever I try to downgrade back to 4.1 using the procedures outlined on all the help pages, it continually tells me that it can't do it, after running through the whole procedure. I can't remember what the message was.

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I hope you aren't an unlocker? Anyway I would just stay with 4.2.1, why downgrade?

If you have an iPhone3GS with an old bootrom, use redsn0w for an untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

3. Ouroboros1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cuz I can't Jailbreak it. And I don't have the old bootrom, so I want to downgrade to 4.1 cuz I know I can jailbreak that. I am not trying to unlock it, it's a Fido phone and I am still with Fido, but what would it matter if I was?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Most likely after the whole restore goes thru it gives you an error message and kicks your device into recovery.
    You gotta use tinyumbrella then to kick it out of recovery and it will boot up with 4.1 installed.

5. Ouroboros1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll have to try that. That might be what is happening. Is there any way to verify that Cydia has my blobs stored? I'm pretty sure it said I had blobs for 3.1.3, 4.0, and 4.1 saved when I was last in Cydia with the 4.1 OS, but I'd like to confirm that.