Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr miyagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Hi all.

I have a mac mini with 10.5.6 leopard installed connected thru hdmi cable I believe it's called to my samsung LCD display.

Now the problem is when 10.5.7 was introduced I suffered display resoultion problems like some other people too who have the mac mini. I spoke to apple who said they were aware of the issue and for me to do a archive and install to go back to 10.5.6. Which I did. They told me that they will send the info to apple engineers in the USA so they can work on a fix. This was all discussed when 10.5.7 was released. Now that new safari has been launched safari4. I am unable to download this as it asks me to install 10.5.7. I spoke to apple last night who said they still don't have any updates on this issue yet. They said they will try look into this and get back to me. In the mean time I an stuck with current version of safari I have and a less secure 105.6 OS. As I believe 10.5.7. Improves security on my system.

So can anyone offer advice on what I can do. Or should I sit tight and wait for snow leopard?

Thanks in advance

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
10.5.8 is in the works. I expect that may have the fixes you are looking for?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.