Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlmostJosh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Whenever I try it acts like its going to start, then the new app icon disappears and it brings me back to the first home screen. Anyone else?

mikelucas1

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
ive got something like this too, last app i downloaded has a darkened icon and says waiting and has been like that for 30 minutes

AZR

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I'm having the same problem, but I believe its due to Apple software distributions servers being overloaded with the 3.0 update. (I'm having the same problem with Itunes on my desktop machine.)

It appears that its hung up trying to retrieve the new 'terms and conditions' and that once you approve those, it will work again as normal.

UserName

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2004
The App Store is Being Hammered

I think the hang problem with the App Downloads for iPhone is due to the sheer weight of traffic due to the OS update

gerfuls

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2009
I'm having the same problem, but I believe its due to Apple software distributions servers being overloaded with the 3.0 update. (I'm having the same problem with Itunes on my desktop machine.)

It appears that its hung up trying to retrieve the new 'terms and conditions' and that once you approve those, it will work again as normal.

I tried accepting the terms and conditions on my mac in iTunes, then rebooted my iPhone and I'm having the same issue still. Are there terms I have to accept on the phone itself?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.