Can't download files over 10MB?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DesignerGenes, Jul 17, 2009.

1. DesignerGenes macrumors member

I've been working at my job for 6 months now and the entire time that i have been here, i have not been able to download any files that are on the larger side (10MB+). Every once in a while a large update from apple will go through correctly, but its very rare. .dmg files will not mount and .zip files wont expand.

Ive tried everything i can think of, no luck.

Normally what I do for updates and software is go home and download from there and bring everything back on a jump drive and it works just fine.

Im on a 2008 imac and really the only difference from work to home is the Panda GateDefender blocker here at work. Could that be what is stopping me from downloading anything large? No one here knows exactly what the deal is...ive tried downloading on a PPC G4 and windows XP (on an actual PC). None have been able to download what i need.

Im tired spending all night at home getting files and updates for work...:rolleyes:

Thanks...

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. Lanbrown macrumors 6502a

I agree.

Your issue is with the IT department and no one here can help you. Rather than try to find a way around it, if you have a business need, then they should address it. If they don't, sometimes the best course of action, is to make a point. Don't download the files at home that you need. When someone asks why you couldn't perform the task, blame the IT department. It is not your job to use your time and the Internet connection you pay for to accomplish business related functions. If it, then they should be reimbursing you for your Internet connection.