Can't Download Flash

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by garycurtis, Jun 11, 2014.

1. garycurtis macrumors 6502

This is a long saga. I'm running Mavericks on a Late 2013 iMac 27". I have been unsuccessful more than a dozen times trying to download Flash-player from the Adobe website for downloads. I even tried switching browsers from Safari to Firefox hoping flash is bundled with it. I'll post the error message i get. The one below is 10 minutes after I downloaded the Flash install utility. No data coming over.

I tried booting in Safe Mode.
    I tried using a Guest User for login on the Mac.
    I tinkered with Safari/Firefox Preferences (cookies, plug-ins, security, advanced)
    I enabled downloads from Any source. Before it was the AP store only.
    I tripled the browser cache to 750mb.

The only thing I haven't looked into is Java. It is there in my Sys Prefs pane and I know there is a control pane for Java.

Without Flash, I continually get error messages from websites. The NY Times had a video, and when i played it, I got a message that the version of Flash is outdated.

What have I overlooked here.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

This may not help but I get a message that in order for me to download Flash, I have to Quit Safari (Right click the icon) first than continue with the download. Just a shot. Good luck

3. hologram macrumors 6502

4. garycurtis thread starter macrumors 6502

MacUpdate site worked like a charm. I am impressed. I have been wrestling with this for more than a week.'

Thanks,