Cant Download! Grey Screen!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by barinthesun, Sep 21, 2010.

1. barinthesun macrumors newbie

Hi,

This is my first post and i´m fairly new to apple so please be gentle! I have recently upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5, everything has been fine apart from i now can not seem to be able to download anything. When i click on a link to download, the page loads for a second and then gets stuck on a grey screen and the download window doesn´t open. I have tried different browsers and all of my updates are current but still nothing. Please help, any advise will be greatly appreciated.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can you provide links to those downloads?

Have you reset your browsers?

How did you upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, meaning what installation method did you use?

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's probably a problem with whatever you're trying to download then. Or, perhaps you actually did download it and are getting a different result than what you expected to see. Have you checked to see if the downloaded file is not on your drive in a location other than the obvious?

4. barinthesun thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, wasn't expecting such quick replies!!! Here is the link that i am trying to download but i get the same grey screen on any download http://mirror.nscocoa.com/~yazsoftc2/files/sd5/sd5.zip. I will reset the browser now and see if that works. The upgrade was via 10.5 Leopard DVD purchased on ebay. Thanks for quick responses!

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

6. barinthesun thread starter macrumors newbie

Reset my browser and still the same grey screen when i click to download. I have looked in spotlight for the downloaded file but still nothing. I am trying to download from the apple website so i don't imagine there should be any problems with the file.
    The grey screen appears as soon as i have clicked to download, the page loads in safari and then stops. When i upgraded i archived and installed.

7. barinthesun thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is a screen shot of what happens after i click to download.....

Attached Files:

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That SD....zip file you want to download seems to be some Speed Accelerator or Download Manager or something similar. Do you have something like this already installed? If so, that could be the reason, why you can't download properly.

9. barinthesun thread starter macrumors newbie

No i don't have it already installed or anything similar. I get the grey screen on anything that i try to download. Here is another screen shot from clicking on the download link for cyberduck again from the apple website.....

Attached Files: