Can't Download iTunes DMG

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacQuestion2009, Jun 4, 2009.

1. MacQuestion2009 macrumors newbie

I am on a Windows PC that is connected to the internets. I am trying to download iTunes 8.2 dmg for my Mac. I am trying to do this from a Windows PC.

apple.com is detecting that I am on a PC and is downloading the iTunes exe file when I am trying to download the dmg!! What a PITA.

How do I get the dmg from a windows PC?

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Instead of going through the apple site, try getting it here from Mac Update. The download link on that page is a .dmg file so I assume it's for the Mac.

3. MacQuestion2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm also having the same problem with Quicktime. When you try and download the Mac version (when using a PC) it defaults you to the Windows download page.

I wish it wouldn't default you and apple.com would let you pick what version you want (dmg or exe). I don't like downloading from 3rd party sites.

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I hear you; it's frustrating, but Apple probably coded their page to keep things simple for the user (i.e. if you are running windows, you want the windows download).

Don't worry about Mac Update as a downloading site, they are legit through and through and you can probably search Mac Update for a Quicktime download for Mac too.

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Does the "Get iTunes for Macintosh" link not work? See screen shot, lower left, below "Macintosh requirements" and above "En Espanol"

Attached Files:

6. MacQuestion2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Plinden - How did you get that link to "get iTunes for Macintosh" to appear? My screen captures are seen below. I don't have that option :(

Attached Files:

7. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I didn't have to do anything. What browser are you using? Yours looks off, like you're missing something or too much space between lines in the bullet points.

I checked with Firefox, IE7 and Safari and see the link in all.

8. MacQuestion2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweet, I found the link for iTunes and got it to work :)

Now, here are my screen captures for Quicktime. I can't find a "get for Macintosh" anywhere on these screens. Do you have it on yours if you try and download Quicktime?

Attached Files: