Can't download iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Martyimac, May 3, 2011.

1. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

I have been trying to download iTunes for mac, for a reinstall, since late yesterday. None of the links I have found work. Either they don't exist, or they are being redirected by Apple's site to the apple.com/startpage. Any way to let Apple know their links are not working and that iTunes is unavailable for download?

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Odd, I just downloaded iTunes a couple of days ago. You're definitely downloading it from this page, yes?

3. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Yes, and this is the error message, "Our apologies but there was an unexpected error with the application. This problem has been noted, and an email has been sent to the administrators. Please check back in a few hours to try the download again."

Been trying since yesterday afternoon, no go. And it doesn't matter what computer, mac or PC, or what browser I use.

4. karthi, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

karthi macrumors newbie

Finally available

After being down for nearly a day, it is STILL NOT available for download. I just don't like the fact that all iOS product being the slaves of iTunes. (Now it is available for windows and still not for mac, apple fix mac things first!).

I never thought of iTunes, as the most essential software for all the iOS devices. I realized it, when I deleted iTunes due to sync issues and could not find a installable copy from Apple.com or any where.

Next time, download first, before deleting for re-install. :eek:

5. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

That IS the lesson, download first. But this is also a first, I have never been not able to download something from Apple.

6. Consultant, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

8. karthi macrumors newbie

Apple support says, will be resolved in an hour or so

Contacted apple support, as it is down for more than a day. They said they are working on it and expect it to fixed in an hour. Hard to believe a software that is essential for all their iOS hardware is down more than a day. (btw, thx for the link to oldapps, though I need the mac version, I like the fact some one is keeping the older versions).

9. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Finally

Finally got it at 4:28 PM CDT. Slow D/L speeds but it's back.
    Thanks to all that responded.

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Grrr. Sorry about that. Used to work.