can't download quicksilver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bmms8, Mar 2, 2008.

1. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Hey i deleted quicksilver off my mac yesterday because i could not open new files with quicksilver for some reason, but now the download at blacktree isnt working. does someone have a mirror site i can use or any other recommendations? thanks!

2. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

nevermind, i got it from download.com

i am still facing the same problem as i had before, if i want to access a file from a certain folder through documents i need to access the folder first, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? i have all the plugins installed. thanks in advance!

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I have the same problem and its very irritating.

4. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020

yea it makes no sense, i cannot remember the folder names for all of my documents, i find it much easier to remember the main documents that i use, hopefully someone can chime in and help!

5. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Have you added these folders to the Catalogue in Quicksilver's preferences? This is how it finds which files to display.

You can also choose the depth of scanning (how it indexes the files). I think the default is a layer of 2 folders - but you could change it to a higher number, and more folders within folders would be indexed.

To do that, go to the Catalogue view in preferences and click the circled 'i' at the bottom right. There's a vertical slider on the left pane (under the Source Options tab) that pops out - but it seems to only work in the Custom section.

Hopefully this isn't too confusing!

6. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

yeah, it seems like you need to add some depth to your catalog. you can change it through the catalog pane in the preferences.

7. bmms8 thread starter macrumors 68020